Saturday 13 October 2012

Words from Editors - Oct 2012

It has been a year and this is the 12th issue of Psycholic. From lack of support to being recognized by the Institute, we have proved that we are serious about the newsletter and would not just quit after the 2-minute adrenaline high. I have to thank my fellow editors for their hard works, commitments and selfless contributions to Psycholic for the past one year.

It is hard to be a good student, Psycholic's Deputy Chief Editor and Research Assistant at the same time. How can I do that? Answer: Time Management!

"Time is cruel," I feel. We have a tough routine to publish Psycholic on the11th of every month, and the regular meeting a week after. Then it is already the time to prepare for next issue. We cannot wait for our inspiration to come as my experience tells me that only a fixed schedule and self-discipline can do so.

"Time is a gift." Zimbado said though. If so, we should give it to those we most want to see and those who can gain the most from spending time with us. I believe that doing Psycholic is a wise choice because my articles can meet my readers and who in turn can gain psychological knowledge by reading my articles.

“The happier the time, the shorter it seems” ~Pliny the Younger

It has been a year and it is time to hand Psycholic over to the next generation. I sincerely hope that the new Internal Chief Editor, Jason Lam, and External Chief Editor, Warren Tang, can lead Psycholic to further success.

Stephanie Szeto

No comments:

Post a Comment