Thursday 12 January 2012

Laugh Out Loud - Jan 2012

Hey, Dr. YOU! Could you help me to identify the following cases? Patients’ conversations seem to imply they are suffering from various disorders. Come to identify all disorders with your abnormal psychology knowledge. Please send the answers with your FULL NAME and CONTACT NUMBER to salford.psy.hk@gmail.com on or before 27th January, 2012. Those who got all correct will enter our lucky draw to win a special prize! Enjoy LOL

Dan Chung



Scenario A
Patient: Hey, you see. My body weight has been reduced to 77lbs… but for my165 cm body, the shape seems too fat.
Mum: !”£$%^&*(@£$%^&
Patient: Yesterday, DAN told me he had successfully reduced his weight to 75lbs. Surely, I cannot accept it! I am not going to eat anything in the following days. Exactly, I have to do more exercise to ‘burn my fat’.

Scenario B
Patient: Ahhhh... Let me go away!! I am Captain DAN! Shhh… look!! Enemies are coming, be silent!!!
Nurses: Captain DAN, you’re safe, here is hospital. It is time to take medicines.
Patient: Jesus!! I told you I will not take this! I am not suffering from any illness or disorder. I am assigned here because I have to protect all of you. Watch out!! Enemies have discovered you! GOGOGOGOGO!!!

Scenario C
Patient: Did I close the windows? Let me check it! … Umm, okay! It’s already closed :)
Roommate: Well… shall we go now?
Patient: Umm…yes, but I wanna check the windows again… Nice! It’s closed!
Roommate: …Let’s go!
Patient: Nonono… I think I should check it again, wait a moment.
Roommate: !@”£$ DAN! %^&* You’ve already checked the dorm windows more than 10,000 times!!


Answer of last issue:
Woooo…Congratulations!! Here is the winner:
K. Poon (Phone NO#: 6241 xxxx)
the lucky one of our 2011 December issue

We would contact you within few days for the prize. For other participants, DO NOT GIVE UP to challenge me! Let’s check the answers for the 2011 Dec LOL
1. I – Explicit Prejudice
6. IV – Independent Self
2. VI – Interdependent Self
7. X – Implicit Prejudice
3. VII – External Attribution
8. II – Self-handicapping
4. V – Self-monitoring
9. IX – Internal Attribution
5. VIII – Implicit Self-esteem
10. III – Explicit Self-esteem

No comments:

Post a Comment